Beyond Waves Program
With this 4-week ladies only course you will have lots of fun, get fit and build some serious surfing skills. The course is taught with a relaxed and supportive vibe and you will be in the same group each week.
We will be running these sessions with a coach to student ratio no larger than 1:6 making the experience hands on and personal. You will have the option to use different boards and get to improve your strength and balance to build your surfing ability fast.
The course is for adults who have had no or little surfing experience. In the first session it’s all about getting to know each other and understanding the basics. In the 2nd and 3rd lesson we will add a yoga component at the end of the surfing session (so bring a towel/mat and appropriate clothing). Your final lesson will aim to see you in the water for as much of the lesson as is possible to perfect and show off your newly gained surfing skills!
Lessons run for 2 hours followed by an opportunity to socialize with other members of the group over some complementary refreshments.
All participants will also receive a Beyond Waves goodie bag.
Can’t make these days but keen to join the program? Click here to get on the mailing list and we’ll keep you updated with similar initiatives.
Please note, by submitting this order you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
What you need to know
368 West Coast Drive
Things to bring
You don’t really need to bring much to your lesson, but the following items can be handy:
- Come in your swimwear
- Bring an extra towel and comfy clothes for yoga
- A (reusable 🙂 ) water bottle
- Your booking voucher (printed or on your phone)
- Open mind and a huge smile
- Your own wetsuit/rash vest
We will provide you with the following:
- National accredited surf coaches and qualified yoga instructor
- Soft top surfboard hire – different sizes available
- Wetsuit or rash shirt hire – full steamer or short wetsuit in all sizes available
- Refreshment voucher
- 4 x 90-minute surf lesson, 2 x 30 minute yoga sessions included
- Small groups – max of 5 students per coach
- Taught by passionate and professional local coaches
- Covers all the basics from stretching, breathing, warm-up, to paddling, to catching waves and standing up.
- Includes important surf and safety rules and ocean awareness
- Relaxed, supportive vibe
- Well organised lesson with max time in the water